We are just about done with the all new directSMS REST API.
One of the things having a RESTful API allows us to do is to create our very own directSMS app on Zapier.
While the Zapier platform already has many SMS apps belonging to international SMS providers, directSMS is the only Australian based SMS provider currently on there.
What is Zapier you ask?
Zapier enables you to automate tasks between online systems or applications like Infusionsoft, Salesforce, SugarCRM, Basecamp, MailChimp, Gmail, Constant Contact, Xero, GetResponse, Zoho CRM and many more. This helps you use complementary apps side-by-side very easily.
With Zapier there is no more waiting for app developers to build integrations. No more freelance programmers half a world away. And best of all, no more lengthy deployment times.
Just you and your favorite web apps getting stuff done for your business. For more information have a look on Zapier’s website.
In the coming weeks we will be rolling out the directSMS Zapier app which will allow you to very easily add SMS functionality to your other web based systems.
Here are some basic examples:
1. Send an SMS every time a new contact is added to your CRM.
2. Send an SMS every time you receive an email on your Gmail or Hotmail.
3. Trigger the creation of a new opportunity in your Infusionsoft CRM when a customer sends you an SMS.
4. Trigger a new Email campaign in MailChimp when a lead sends an enquiry SMS.
5. Send your client an update via SMS when your staff finish processing a client request in Salesforce.
You’re only limited by your imagination (and the other apps on Zapier) when it comes to what you can build.
Our Zapier app has been published and is currently in BETA. To use it you need to:
1. Create an account with Zapier at http://www.zapier.com
2. Go to the following URL: https://zapier.com/developer/invite/14778/8f809e0143bd670a93b4503d4b4b211e/
3. Accept the invite to use the directSMS Zapier app
4. Create your first zap
For more information, please see this post about the directSMS Zapier App.