Have you ever noticed how much easier it is to remember appointments when you receive a text message reminder? Or how special you feel when a restaurant or hotel you recently visited asks you if you enjoyed the experience? And when following your favourite sports team, how the regular texts messages that keep you in touch with the latest score ease your nerves wherever you are on match day?
These are all examples of how organisations are finding increasingly innovative ways to improve their customers’ experience by integrating SMS into their existing systems and apps. Whatever a person’s interests or needs, it is now possible to stay tuned in with regular and timely SMS messages:
- Brokers send stock quotes and portfolio valuations
- Banks send reminders and account notifications
- Doctors and hospitals send appointment reminders
- Airlines send special offers, flight information, and even boarding passes
- Retailers send MMS coupons, special offers, and other information
- Social media (such as Facebook) can be set up to send SMS notifications
- And so on
Why you should integrate SMS into your system
Whatever system you have and however you communicate mostly with your user, you can be assured that they will always be available on their mobile phone. If the user has downloaded an app from you, it’s probable that they will have done so on their mobile.
Often, integrating SMS into your app or system enables you to confirm the user’s identity (Facebook uses this, by sending a four-digit PIN to the phone to confirm identity).
By integrating SMS with your app or internal system, you’ll be able to open up the many benefits of using SMS as a business and marketing tool. SMS integration:
- Enhances data security
- Automates processes that would otherwise be labour intensive
- Integrates contact and sales centres with clients
- Increases customer engagement
In a nutshell, the customer’s experience as a user of your service increases immeasurably.
How easy is it to integrate SMS into your system?
Thankfully, you don’t have to be a technical whizz-kid to be able to meld your system and SMS together. We’ve put together a one page guide that will enable you to get going straight away, and our innovative package includes cost effective testing while you learn how to access all the benefits of SMS integration. And when you’re ready to ramp up your integrated SMS marketing and servicing, you’ll find our bulk rates will save you even more money.