We just wanted to let you all know that our directSMS REST API is finally here and is being released to the public for BETA testing.
You can find all documentation off the main API page.
This means you can now create your very own SMS enabled applications using the REST architecture using the same HTTP methods (GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, etc.) used by web browsers to retrieve resources on the web.
One of the best things about having a REST based API is that we can create our very own directSMS app on Zapier.
What is Zapier you ask?
Zapier enables you to automate tasks between online systems or applications (like Salesforce, Basecamp, MailChimp, Gmail). This helps you use complementary apps side-by-side very easily.
With Zapier there is no more waiting for app developers to build integrations. No more freelance programmers half a world away. And best of all, no more lengthy deployment times.
Just you and your favorite web apps getting stuff done for your business. For more information have a look on Zapier’s website.
In the coming weeks we will be rolling out the directSMS Zapier app which will allow you to very easily add SMS functionality to your other web based systems.
Here are some basic examples:
1. Send an SMS every time a new contact is added to your CRM.
2. Send an SMS every time you receive an email on your Gmail or Hotmail.
3. Trigger the creation of a new opportunity in your Infusionsoft CRM when a customer sends you an SMS.
4. Trigger a new Email campaign in MailChimp when a lead sends an enquiry SMS.
5. Send your client an update via SMS when your staff finish processing a client request in Salesforce.
You’re only limited by your imagination when it comes to what you can build.