Benefits Of Inbound MMS
- Receive any volume of Incoming SMS or MMS messages quickly and efficiently
- Messages can be received reliably, then routed and shared easily (as opposed to receiving messages on a regular mobile)
- No need to install any software or have a dedicated handset to receive messages
- Use your existing web browser or email application to read the messages and interact with your customers or staff
- Makes it easy for customers to interact with you any time, any place
How Does It Work?
Inbound MMS numbers are Virtual Mobile Numbers. They allow your directSMS account to receive SMS and MMS messages as well as send SMS. It works just like a normal mobile number, however instead of messages going to a hand-set, they are routed to our platform. You lease one or more mobile numbers from directSMS. Choose from standard (random) numbers or a range of ‘reserved numbers’, which are the easiest to remember.
When an SMS or MMS message is received on your Inbound SMS number, you can choose to:
- View the message online
- Have the message sent to you or your team in real-time as an email
- Forwarded to a URL via a HTTP GET call. This is great if you are building any apps or automation around messaging.
- Retrieved by one of our APIs.
What Can I Use Inbound MMS For?
Any time you want to receive picture or multi-media messages from your customers, staff or students, our Inbound MMS service is what you are looking for. This service can do all the things the Inbound SMS service can do, with the addition of receive any pictures, videos and other mutl-media files.
It is one more option in reaching a constantly connected population. Just like SMS, MMS messages are received FREE of charge. You only need to pay for an MMS enabled dedicated number to receive messages on.
directSMS’ Inbound MMS services can be used to:
- Run mobile marketing campaigns listing a single contact number each time you send an SMS broadcast and asking for customers to reply back with their pictures, videos etc.
- Build your customer database by asking clients to SMS your inbound number with their contact details and their service/product preferences
- Run customer service or employee outreach programs. The classic feedback line
- Implement keyword based marketing campaigns. Here you can segment your database or build a new one and add some interactivity into the mix
- Ensure you are 100% compliant with Australia’s anti-spam legislation by providing automatic opt-out processing. Any time a STOP or UNSUBSCRIBE message is received, the system will add the sending number to your blacklist